[sldev] Re: New Sculpty Features

Karl Stiefvater qarl at lindenlab.com
Fri Jul 18 10:04:34 PDT 2008

> But you could say the same about _INVERT. When would you need both
> normal and inverted) versions in a scene

oh oh oh - i understand now.  there actually IS a good use case for
the INVERT flag:

both planar and cylindrical sculpties are "invisible" from the
backside.  (this is typical of 3d meshes, and desirable, i think.)

but when making a sail or a piece of paper, you want a backside too.
and now you can - with that INVERT flag.

thus far, content creators have been making a second inverted sculpt
map to achieve this end - now they can use the same map, and so INVERT
is very similar to MIRROR in that it reduces the number of necessary
maps.

> You are more than welcome to rubber stamp this "PENDING CROQUET
> BECOMING AN OLYMPIC SPORT AGAIN" and I won't take offense.

HEY!  i was on my college croquet team.  IT'S A REAL SPORT.

:)

K.