[sldev] Better build instructions

Bruce Tong tongb at ohio.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:35:45 PDT 2008

It's been a while since I've had a chance to look into building. I
remember using about five wiki pages, each talking about the build
process from a different angle. This got me to the point where cmake
wasn't able to communicate something with the freebie visual studio
2005.

* I do remember Michell2's (sorry, probably butchering the name) page
as being the most helpful.

* Something akin to a step-by-step list is desirable to me, at my
level of familiarity with viewer builds.

* If the generic step-by-step has to go into platform specific things,
linking to small, very specific and topical pages seems reasonable.
And when done there, return to the main page. I think that approach
should be viable.

--
Bruce Tong
Software Engineer