[sldev] Cache speed experiment & results...

Buckaroo Mu sldev at bitparts.org
Tue Jun 3 13:01:33 PDT 2008

> Most (processor) efficient way to save files is to just save the
> LLRawImage data as it is, then it can be directly recalled into a new
> LLRawImage when its recalled. This should maximize speed and disk
> space usage at the same time ;-)

This is my thought. If I want to compress the cache, I'll tell Windows
to compress that folder - no, not seriously. I have something on the
order of 100gb free on my main storage drive - I'd be more than willing
to commit 10g of that to SL cache, and storing the objects as flat-out
decompressed ready-to-use (llRawImage?) data would be the logical thing
to do.