[sldev] Landmarks and Navigation Project Update 2008-05-22

Argent secret.argent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 19:54:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Richard Nelson <richard at lindenlab.com>
wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, you want the preview portion of the texture
picker to
> be part of the inventory window as well.

Close. I want it available as a view of the inventory.

> There are several operations which require a full inventory search...I
don't remember
> them all.

I don't think pulling in landmarks is, because when I open a folder in the
inventory it will open, but other folders in the inventory may still be in
the downloading state... and teh landmarks folder is no exception.

> The working assumption right now is that any time you run the client you
will need
> your entire inventory contents in short order.

I don't know that's a safe assumption. Usually the first thing I do when I
log in is
look up a landmark to get to the first place I want to go to. I do this long
before I
hit the inventory for anything else. Bringing up the inventory menu in the
map is
MUCH slower than opening the inventory, opening landmarks, and working from
there, but
it's also more convenient.