[sldev] Puppettering Branch

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 09:58:41 PDT 2008

On 2008-06-06, at 13:53, Lawson English wrote:
> Sure, not for most purposes, but there could be use-cases where P2P
> was useful, hence the long-standing proposal that the protocol
> support informing the viewer that P2P is available in a given sim/
> grid and *how* to establish contact with other participating viewers.

One thing to keep in mind: there's not that many viewers in a sim
anyway.

We need an inter-viewer "data bus" for low volume data sharing
between viewers in range, that's mediated through the sim.

I think puppeteering info is small enough to count as "low volume".

For higher volume data transfer, let the viewers share P2P contact
information through this bus, subject to user request and approval.