[sldev] How Far For Security?

Brandon Lockaby gbrandon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:18:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Jake Simpson <jake at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> Stating "Well, because it's possible, don't even bother trying to stop it"
> doesn't (unfortunately) solve the issue of "how can I protect what I make"
> which is the root cry of anyone who spends time building things; it just
> undermines the Second Life economy to the point where it might potentially
> not be viable, obviously something people within in LL are keen to avoid.

The thing I worry about is people having the wrong idea.  Which would you
prefer:
a.  Go ahead and be like the web where people know they have to protect
their own assets
or
b.  Make people think it's LL's job to protect their assets, and make them
angry at you when it turns out it doesn't work the way they thought?