[sldev] [POLICY] Our lawyers are not on this mailing list

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Thu Jun 12 14:09:56 PDT 2008

On 6/12/08 12:30 PM, Ann Otoole wrote:
> Somehow I doubt any lawyers looked at it at all. Bringing in the suits
> usually delays such an endeavor for months because the lawyers really
> do perform due diligence.
>
> So I think it is quite reasonable to require LL to have their general
> counsel speck on this topic and explain what was done and what
> agreements are in place and exactly how LL assumed the right to
> distribute IP owned by others outside of the Secondlife Service under
> the terms of the TOS is restricted to the Secondlife Grid. (Note there
> is a built in loophole in what I just said)

Normally, I would issue this offlist, but it's clear this thread is well
on its way to being out of control, so I'm going to quote the mailing
list policy directly:
> This mailing list is for discussing problems and ideas that software
> developers can directly address and for collaboration on solutions and
> improvements, not for turning Linden Lab development staff into
> proxies to reach other parts of Linden Lab (e.g. legal, executive,
> human resources, etc).

Please read the policies of this mailing list here:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev

If you have a legal concern as a customer of Linden Lab, you should
contact us by the means outlined in our terms of service.

Rob