[sldev] Off-grid avatars (Re: [DANGER DANGER DANGER etc...])

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:43:44 PDT 2008

I have posted my followup to this issue to the Jira. It's pretty
simple, and I think on later thought it might be possible to make
*avatars* portable to a fair degree without moving data between
grids, but it will require some careful rethinking of how attachments
work and limiting the capabilities of "off-grid" attachments.

I'm not watching that Jira, because I anticipate the volume of spam
on it to be completely out of control, but I've bookmarked it and
will keep an eye on it.

I think that the discussion of how you could support off-grid avatars
without transferring data between grids is on-topic here but I'll
wait for Linden confirmation before continuing the technical discussion.