[sldev] [Policy] Documenting LL policies and JIRA-debates on the wiki

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:35:14 PDT 2008

I note there isn't any sort of central policy documentation on the
wiki. Searching for "policy" turns up nothing particularly useful, so
it is unclear what is meant by the idea that we should take these
issues onto the wiki or JIRA..

I am trying to fill a void I am seeing. I've created three pages that
attempt to document all the various official LL policies, as well as
end-user attempts to document unwritten LL policies, and also linking
to the ongoing hotbutton policy debates in the JIRA:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Policies
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User-Documented_Policies
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Ongoing_JIRA_Policy_Debates

I certainly can't claim that these pages speak for LL, so I've put a
huge disclaimer at the top of each page that there's no Linden
responsibility for the content of these pages.

I have no idea if these articles would be of interest to anyone else,
but the articles would definitely need help from more experienced
people to make them properly useful. I have not explored the entire
wiki, website,  JIRA, or SL-Dev archives to know what all could be
listed.

Please edit or delete as you wish.

- Scalar Tardis / Dale Mahalko