[sldev] Building with VS2008?

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Mon Jun 30 13:30:13 PDT 2008

You will run into many problems with Visual Studio 2008 and the
current release candidate viewer (1.20). Visual Studio 2003 is the
only officially supported Windows compiler there.

Things will be much easier if you pull the release branch and use
cmake, which can generate Visual Studio 2008 project files.