[sldev] while trying to match the argument list '(WCHAR [128])' (was: Can anyone help?)

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jun 30 20:11:44 PDT 2008

Terry,

> I'm having some trouble compiling 1.20.11RC can anyone help?

I have never tried recent 1.20 RC sources, so I may be wrong.

> llsys.cpp(144) : error C2665: 'utf16str_to_utf8str' : none of the 2
> overloads could convert all the argument types
> i:\linden\indra\llcommon\llstring.h(430): could be 'std::string
> utf16str_to_utf8str(const llutf16string &)'
> while trying to match the argument list '(WCHAR [128])'

This error seems to me that you failed to made wchat_t a typedef.  Try
turning off "Treat wchat_t as Build-in Type" option on the
Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Language panel of all the project
files (not just newview.)

> I open the "indra_complete.sln" file.

Did it opened as it is?  Or, Visual Studio complained on the older
version of the solution file and converted?  (I really don't know what
project files are included in recent source distribution...)  If you
got complained, you'd better consult the following page:

    http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Converting_project_files_for_MSVS2005

which, for whatever reason, is not referenced from any of the wiki
pages, hmm...

    Alissa Sabre