[sldev] Open Source Show and Tell

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Mar 1 21:44:31 PST 2008

> > I recently brought up the idea of having an open source get-together to let you, the hackers, run the show and talk about your projects. The small audience I brought it up to seemed enthusiastic for a meeting that would be less linden-centric.

I'm not very supportive on the idea of in-world events, primarily due
to the scheduling difficulties caused by time-zone differences.  I
personally prefer more static time-free media for such
information-sharing or speach types of activities.

If we need to discuss something or to have a questions/answers
sessions, I prefer in-world gathering.

> * Unicode, universal character set, and implementation in fonts,
> rendering, keyboards and IMEs, locale data, multilingual URLs and
> URIs, regular expressions, etc.

This is my area.  I will participate if we are discussing on this issue.

> * Localization of OLPC XO software. I initiated the Haitian Creole
> French and Khmer (Cambodia) projects.
>
> * Localization of all Linux distributions, starting with Red Hat,
> Debian, and Ubuntu.

My expertise cover thses areas too, but, at this moment, I am less
interested with these issues under the SL context.  I prefer just
reading summaries or something.

    Alissa Sabre