[sldev] Open Source Show and Tell

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 14:53:09 PST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Jason Giglio <gigstaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Edward Cherlin wrote:
>  > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Paul Oppenheim (Poppy Linden)
>  > <poppy at lindenlab.com> wrote:
>  >> I recently brought up the idea of having an open source get-together to let you, the hackers, run the show and talk about your projects. The small audience I brought it up to seemed enthusiastic for a meeting that would be less linden-centric.
>  >
>  > Excellent idea. I'm in.
>  >
>  >>  I'd like to have a once-a-month get together for a show and tell about your projects. Hopefully this could be an outlet if you have a viewer project you want to show off, a non-SL open source project you want to show to an SLdev audience, or otherwise have some variety of judicious hack to show off. Whatever. I'm aiming for the vibe of a hacker meetup, except once a month and for only an hour or so. The real question is, what are you doing with open source?
>  >
>  > Me, personally? Well,
>
>  Isn't this thing supposed to be about *SL related* open source?  If not
>  then count me out.

I believe that there is room in SL for both discussions. We just need
for those interested to say what they are interested in.

My SL-related Open Source project is a lightweight SL client that will
run on an OLPC XO (256 MB RAM, 433 MHz processor, no 3D graphics
hardware).

What's yours?

--
Edward Cherlin