IMs and group IMs (was Re: [sldev] Frequent bugs with difficultrepros)

Kelly Linden kelly at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 3 08:33:39 PST 2008

Harleen Gretzky wrote:
> I assume once SL moves to the Agent Domain/Region Domain architecture
> that these IMs will go through the Agent Domain instead?
>
> viewer -> Agent Domain -> distributed chat module -> (send to all
> Agent Domains which have a member of the group in them) -> have those
> Agent Domains deliver to your viewer

I do not know that this has been fully designed, but by first glance
what you propose seems reasonable.  I'm not sure if groups will be able
to span agent domains?  It seems a reasonable expectation, at the same
time it would seem reasonable to expect that a group is part of an agent
domain as well.  I have not been an active part of the agent domain and
region domain design, this would probably be a great question to bring
up at the AWG meetings or Zero's office hours.

 - Kelly