IMs and group IMs (was Re: [sldev] Frequent bugs with difficultrepros)

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Tue Mar 4 02:17:17 PST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 08:33:39AM -0800, Kelly Linden wrote:
> Harleen Gretzky wrote:
>> I assume once SL moves to the Agent Domain/Region Domain architecture that
>> these IMs will go through the Agent Domain instead?
>>
>> viewer -> Agent Domain -> distributed chat module -> (send to all Agent
>> Domains which have a member of the group in them) -> have those Agent
>> Domains deliver to your viewer
>>
> I do not know that this has been fully designed, but by first glance what
> you propose seems reasonable.  I'm not sure if groups will be able to span
> agent domains?  It seems a reasonable expectation, at the same time it

The easy solution seams to be for me:

Viewer <-> Server for IM group <-> Viewer
Each grops all memeber are on the same IM server, that server "quite"
easy, the client telle when one log's in and send an "online" subscribe
mesage to the IM group servers it needs. (e.g. all 50 groups of the
user.) Decentalized and easy solution.

 /Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969