[sldev] [VWR] Source downloads versions

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Mon Mar 3 17:04:40 PST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Mike Monkowski <monkowsk at watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the latest WindLight MS Windows source, which is labelled
>  as r80044, but the source is actually for r79809.

It's a bit misleading. 79809 is where that branch was built. Part of
that build process includes restamping the version numbers, which then
get checked in in a later submission. Of course, this means those two
numbers would never match without rolling back and duplicating the
stamping procedure.

I want to see about reworking this whole system to be more consistent
next quarter if the release team hasn't already planned to allocate
resources. The system in use right now grew out of a 1-2 day effort
meant to help push ad-hoc snapshots to a contractor, and the explicit
version statement wasn't as important for that. We're generating a
list of changes we'd want in a fuller solution.

>  I also noticed that the link for the 1.19.0.5 release is r81066, but the
>  table lists r80803, which is the same as for 1.19.0.4.  I'm guessing
>  this is due to a copy and edit on the page that didn't get completely
>  edited, but because of the WindLight mismatch, I didn't want to assume
>  anything.

The wiki comment was wrong, but the file is correct. I've edited this.