[sldev] Wind Sound CPU usage.

Aimee Trescothick aimee-sldev at ama-zing.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 05:58:20 PST 2008

Removing the damping causes audibly abrupt changes, almost clicks,
when starting and stopping movement. Try hovering in place and then
flying up or down a short distance.

Looking at the frequency spectrum of the final wind noise, most of
what's generated is being filtered out, so a lot of work is being
done for nothing. Just tried a quick experiment  generating it at
14.7k and then interpolating groups of 3 samples, which seems to work
OK, giving a roughly similar spectrum.

I've attached the rough patch of what I was playing with, it's a bit
ugly and not quite right as there's a little crackle creeping in, but
shows what I'm on about :)

Aimee.