[sldev] Building 1.19.1

Tony anthonyrbundy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:45:16 PDT 2008

Ok, this is the first time I've tried to build the SL viewer. I do have
a few years of programming experience, but this is the largest program I
have ever compiled so I do feel a bit like a novice.
I have read the wiki, and looked at the common compilation problems.
I've also checked that my program directories match what the wiki says,
but I must be missing something.

First, my system setup. I'm using Visual Studio C++ 2008 (which in my
experience is pretty much the same as 2005 except for the IDE) on a 32
bit Windows sytem.
I've installed all the extra third party libraries and copied the
appropriate sections over.
I did notice that when Extracting the llmozlib it puts that folder
outside the "linden" folder that the viewer normally extracts to.
I have also followed all the instructions to manually update a project
from the 2003 solution to the 2005 (again, pretty much the same as 2008
afaik).

Here are the errors I've recieved, and what I've done to try and resolve
them:

Error    1    error C2471: cannot update program database
'd:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\llmessage\releasenoopt\vc90.pdb'
d:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\llmessage\llassetstorage.cpp    1
** I have checked that the file exists and has read/write file
permissions, and it seems fine. I'm not sure why it can't update it.
** This error occurs several time during the build process

Error    2    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h':
No such file or directory
d:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\lscript\lscript_compile\lex_yy.cpp    26
** I have checked, and I do not have this file anywhere in my viewer
source directories. There is an include line for this at the top of
lex_yy.cpp

Error    5    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'openssl/crypto.h': No such file or directory
d:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\llmessage\llcurl.cpp    50
** neither the openssl directory or the file crypto.h exist anywhere in
my source. Does this come from an openssl library that I need to add to
the project?

Error    20    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'..\lib_releasenoopt\i686-win32\llmessage.lib'    win_crash_logger
** the directory exists, but the file does not exist there or in any
other location in the source.

A number of "error RC2135 : file not found: ll_icon.ico
d:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\newview\res\newViewRes.rc" errors for
different file names:
ll_icon.ico, install_icon.ico, icon1.ico,lltoolgrab.cur, lltoolland.cur,
lltoolzoomin.cur, lltoolcreate.cur, llarrowdrag.cur ,llarrow.cur,
llnolocked.cur, llarrowlocked.cur, llgrablocked.cur, llgrablocked.cur,
lltoolrotate.cur, lltooltranslate.cur, lltoolscale.cur,
lltoolcamera.cur, lltoolpan.cur, lltoolfocus.cur, toolpickobject3.cur,
arrowcop.cur, llarrowdragmulti.cur, arrowcopmulti.cur, toolsit.cur,
toolbuy.cur, toolpay.cur, toolopen.cur,
** I searched for a few of them, but didn't find any of these files.

I was hoping to build this, and then apply the patch for SVC-1764 so I
could see if it fixes the issue. The missing files make me think I might
be missing a project or something. Maybe I just need to copy something
over from the 1.19.0.5 release? I got the source from the zipped release
of 1.19.1 on the wiki.

I appreciate any help, advice, or pointers to documentation that I may
have missed.

Sincerely,
Tony