[sldev] Building 1.19.1

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Mon Mar 10 09:35:24 PDT 2008

Unfortunately, 1.19.1 is a bad choice for a first try.

Tony wrote:
> Error    5    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'openssl/crypto.h': No such file or directory
> d:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\llmessage\llcurl.cpp    50
> ** neither the openssl directory or the file crypto.h exist anywhere in
> my source. Does this come from an openssl library that I need to add to
> the project?

This is a new one.  I'll post a JIRA bug on it if there isn't already
one.  On line 35 of llcurl.cpp, "#define SAFE_SSL 1" says to use OpenSSL
on MS Windows, but in llmessage/llblowfishcipher.cpp it says
"We do not have OpenSSL headers or libraries on Windows, so this class
only works on Linux."

Comment out line 35 in llcurl.cpp to get around that one.

> Error    20    fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
> '..\lib_releasenoopt\i686-win32\llmessage.lib'    win_crash_logger
> ** the directory exists, but the file does not exist there or in any
> other location in the source.

The build creates this library, but it failed, so no lib.

I also had to add #include "stdtypes.h" in timer.h to get
llmediaimplquicktime to compile.

But then when I run it it crashes with a buffer overflow in
parseMIMETypes.  Need to look into that one a bit more.

Mike