[sldev] Building 1.19.1

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Mon Mar 10 15:35:16 PDT 2008

Tony wrote:
> I do have a few warnings as well. I'm not sure if they will actually
> cause me any problems, but I thought I'd mention them in case someone
> knows I'm headed for trouble.
> There are a number of warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive
> member will be inaccessible    llrect.obj
> for a couple of files (llrect and lllogitechlcd) as well as llmozlib2.

For llrect.obj it's no problem.  LogitecLCD and llMozLib have separate
source downloads.  Look at the bottom of the downloads page.  The
packaged libraries come with versions for VS 2003 and VS 2005.  I use
these, so I've never tried to compile them.

> I also have a number of the following:
>
> Warning    8    warning LNK4099: PDB 'apr_src.pdb' was not found with
> '../../libraries/i686-win32/lib_release\apr-1.lib' or at
> 'd:\slv_1_19_1_0\linden\indra\win_crash_logger\apr_src.pdb'; linking
> object as if no debug info    apr-1.lib

This just means you won't have symbols to debug the APR library.  You
shouldn't have to anyway.

Mike