[sldev] cmake status update

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Tue Mar 11 20:49:21 PDT 2008

Here's a quick overview of the state of things.

We're continuing to make progress on nailing the last few problems and
hurdles before we can merge the cmake branch into our main tree.

The current public SVN snapshot contains the Windlight code.  Our
internal version of the branch works fine on OS X and Windows, but for
some reason not on Linux.

Another peculiar bug is that the user inventory always shows up empty.
I've spent about a day trying to get to the bottom of this one, with
nothing to show yet.

Obviously, we won't be merging until regressions like these are dealt
with.  These are the only two I'm aware of right now.  Voice and other
features seem to be fine.

Internally, we're adapting our automated build, packaging and deployment
tools to work with the rearranged code in the cmake branch.  In an
upcoming snapshot, you'll be able to build a downloadable package from
your IDE if you need to.

Again, we'll have to finishe getting the packaging and deployment code
into shape before the merge.

Fortunately, these two subprojects are about all we have ahead of us:
each just happens to involve many little details.

Once again, if you have patches or suggestions for things we can do to
make your development experience easier in cmake-land, let us know and
we'll do what we can.

	<b