[sldev] Branch_1-19-1-Viewer build cleanup

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Mar 20 01:55:46 PDT 2008

Soft,

> Branch_1-19-1-Viewer had some cruftiness left over in the build. If
> you've been holding back on 1.19.1, please consider giving these a
> try. I verified that Linux32, Win and Mac build. I'm fishing for some
> of the JIRAs for non-mainstream builds (mozlibless, etc) now.

Thank you for doing this.  I downloaded Branch_1-19-1-Viewer-r82629
bundle, tried the standard builds on Windows (using VS2005), Intel
Macintosh, and Linux x86, and they were fine with two issues.

The first issue is on Linux.  It is on the macro _FORTIFY_SOURCE.  I
filed the issue on JIRA as VWR-5734.

The second issue is on Windows.  The *_vc8 solution files and project
files included in the bundle are broken and unusable as always.  The
manual conversion process from vc71 to vc8 explained on SL wiki
doesn't work for 1.19.1 viewers.  I updated the wiki page so that it
covers 1.19.1 viewers including r82629.  (
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Converting_project_files_for_MSVS2005
)

I hope you keep maintaining the source downloads healthy,

    Alissa Sabre