[sldev] GTK 2.8

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Sat Mar 22 22:15:00 PDT 2008

Jesse Armand wrote:
> Well, I have tried the quick fix that you mentioned, in both of these
> group of lines:
>
>     if test "$GCC_USE_GNU_LD"; then
>         # Don't allow undefined symbols in libraries
>        DSO_LDOPTS="$DSO_LDOPTS -Wl,-z,defs"
>     fi
>
>     if test "$GNU_LD"; then
>         # Don't allow undefined symbols in libraries
>         DSO_LDOPTS="$DSO_LDOPTS -z defs"
>     fi
>
> I've tried to comment it, and it doesn't work.
>
> Is there any other way to handle this ?

Ah, sorry, I didn't check if configure was automatically recreated from
configure.in, obviously it isn't so you'll need to patch the configure
skript directly.

Personally, I simply copied the link line generated by the Makefile,
removed the offending option and thus made it build. I didn't want to
spend more time on llmozlib2 than necessary when I encountered this
issue first so didn't work out a "more correct" solution.

Regards,
Carsten