[sldev] LayerData

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Mar 29 11:42:00 PDT 2008

Thomas Grimshaw wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> So, i'm building a client from scratch, go me!
>
> As I work through the protocol i'm trying to update and improve the
> protocol documentation in the second life wiki. However, I need your
> help!
>
> I'm stuck on LayerData. I've tried to update the wiki with as munch
> information as I can, however I still lack any information as to what
> the data actually represents or how it's used.
>
> Please could a Linden or someone who is familiar with the viewer
> source please see if you can shed any light on this?
>
> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LayerData
>
> Thanks all
>
> Tom

Hey Thomas. Have you checked out the documentation found through the AW
Groupies?

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies

There are quite a few individuals and groups working on viewers, servers
and tools related to second life. Each of them has only a piece of the
puzzle. The programmers for libsl, opensim, realXtend and openviewer are
all exchanging info with each other and with the Linden Lab programmers
as well. because, as you've noticed, the documentation on the wiki isn't
very complete, and the Linden Lab internal documentation, by all
accounts, isn't much better.

Here's two more direct links to help you with references on
documentation and to get you in touch with the greater SL programming
community :

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies#Communications

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies#External_Resources

Contact me in-world if you want to join the AW Groupies. The contact
info for each separate group is in the "external resources" link above.

Lawson (Saijanai Kuhn)