[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

Innes McLeod innes at siriusm.com
Fri May 2 15:03:28 PDT 2008

I have some reservations about this system. It seems to me that, as has been mentioned, it can be abused to harass. To prevent it's use as harassment, you will have to add load to the database to record where every vote came from. The same will apply to the Showcase nominations. I can foresee hundreds of alts being created just for the sole purpose of voting up a single business.

As it stands even with that system, if I see something that I feel is a serious offense I would still send a normal AR, instead of waiting for enough people to notice and hopefully cast their votes for the removal of the offending content. Generally, I only report for very obvious hate speech, or child related sexual material, and in my opinion both of those are to important to just have them sit waiting for enough votes.

Something I would rather see would be an expansion of the categories that products or parcels can be listed under.