[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

Jeska Dzwigalski jeska at lindenlab.com
Fri May 2 17:08:48 PDT 2008

Heya,

Thanks for all the great thoughts everyone, very helpful!  I wanted to
clarify that the Search Flagging described is for search listings -- not
inworld content, avatar or group profiles, land sales etc. - it is ONLY
for parcel listings, classified ads and events listings. Also, for those
who are concerned about abuse/griefing, here is some more detail on the
proposed design:

* If a listing is flagged as "Mature" by x Residents and is not marked
Mature, it will be automatically changed to Mature - it will not be
removed. Totally agree that more clarity is needed around what is
"mature" (and "prohibited") I will take that back to the Governance Team
as feedback.
* If a listing is flagged as "Prohibited" by x Residents, it will be
automatically taken down and reviewed by the Governance team. Prohibited
listings might include listings for gambling or child pornography.
* Not all accounts are able to flag search listings, anonymous basic
Residents or Residents who are under x days old will not be able to
participate in search flagging.
* Each account which can flag is only able do so once per search listing
and there is a limit to the amount of search listings each account can
flag per day.
* One account flagging a listing will NOT cause it to be automatically
removed
* Nominate for Showcase is that exactly - a nomination for review by an
editorial board for possible inclusion.
* Any classified ads that are taken down will be refunded (prorated for
time active), with notification

Are there any other restrictions to who can flag or when/how/etc anyone
can think of to help both prevent overt abuse while still helping stem
grievous abuse of search listings (see: current Event Calendar spam as
one example)?

Cheers,
Jeska

jeska at lindenlab.com