[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

SignpostMarv Martin me at signpostmarv.name
Sat May 3 04:34:46 PDT 2008

cF = UNIX_TIMESTAMP(`date_content_flagged`)
cP = UNIX_TIMESTAMP(`date_content_posted`)
fA = UNIX_TIMESTAMP(`date_flagger_avatar_born`)
N = number_of_flaggings
T = (cF - cP) / (cF - fA)
W = weight_of_flagging = N / T

If my math is right, the algebra blurb I've typed out above makes fewer
flaggings from older avatars more substantial than flash-mobbing content
with freshly created accounts.
It also makes older avatars' flaggings carry more weight on older content.

Using a weighted scheme (perhaps not using the formula I've described
here), would be far more preferable than if (N = x) take action.

~ Marv.