[sldev] 1.20rc5 linux: missing boost_signals-gcc34-mt

Marvin marvin24 at gmx.de
Sat May 3 05:56:30 PDT 2008

Hello Carsten,

On Saturday 03 May 2008 14:04:27 Carsten Juttner wrote:
> Marvin wrote:
> > there is another problem, that multithreaded versions of the libraries
> > are not available everywhere. Is there a problem linking to the
> > non-threaded versions?
>
> Thinking about it, the GUI is currently single-threaded most of the time
> so it probably won't matter but given that somebody at LL thought it
> might be necessary to link against mt versions I'd rather go with that.
>
> But it could just be a case of "better safe than sorry" :)
>
> Which distribution does not include mt-versions of boost libraries?

openSuSE < 11 (means all released versions)
Fedora < 8
donno about ubuntu/debian and others

maybe this has something to do with the boost version, because 1.34 libraries
have seperated "-mt" versions.

Also, there is a -D_REENTRANT compiler flag set, which probably should be
turned off. Will test this out.

	- Marvin