[sldev] iPhone/iPod Touch as a Second Life I/O device

Matthew Underwood sakkaku at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:47:34 PDT 2008

> And the slow network would bother me.  Do you really want an EDGE device for SL?  I'd be more tempted to do something on EV-DO with Windows Mobile.
>
> However, on a similar note, is there any progress on the SL thin client?  I remember reading in January that LL was expecting there to be a public beta available in February.  I'm looking at my calendar and it appears to be May, with no thin client alpha or beta in sight.
>
> Chris J. Breisch

>From what they replied with it appears they want to develop an
interface to interact with SL.  To capture the OpenGL output and
stream it to the device then use the motion/touch to interact with the
client.  So then you could assume that you would be over an 802.11b or
g network.

I would love a thin client, most people would probably migrate over in
a few moments of hearing about it if it was even halfway more stable
then the official one now.