[sldev] Thoughts regarding "OS X Panther support"

Thomas Grimshaw tom at streamsense.net
Tue May 6 03:18:22 PDT 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2008-05-05, at 21:26, Alissa Sabre wrote:
>> Isn't it possible to stop supporting pre-SP4 Windows 2000?
>
> Microsoft is making it increasingly difficult to download updates for
> Windows 2000, including SP4.
That's more a case of Microsoft dropping support for w2k which of course
we can do nothing about, however I can't find anything which suggests
it's not easy to download SP4.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1001AAF1-749F-49F4-8010-297BD6CA33A0&displaylang=en

It doesn't even try to check if you have a genuine copy of windows,
which most microsoft downloads do. But, in any case, even if they do
remove the download..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22Index+of%22+%09W2KSP4_EN.EXE&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Can we get some demographics from LL outlining a) the number of w2k
users, and b) the number of w2k SP4 users?

Also, SP4 had some major security fixes, anybody who is not using SP4 on
an internet-connected machine is a little insane..

Cheers

Tom