[sldev] Thoughts regarding "OS X Panther support"

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue May 6 16:29:59 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 00:26 -0400, Gary Wardell wrote:
> > Isn't it possible to stop supporting pre-SP4 Windows 2000?
>
> I use Win2K, it's very solid and a smaller footprint that later
> Windows.  Also I object to the activation requirement/limitations
> of later windows.

My installs of Win XP Pro have no such activation bullcrap. Actually it
seems to depend directly on the key you use. Using the exact same XP Pro
install disk, using the legit key off the bottom of my laptop, and with
certain *cough* not so legit keys, I never ever get bothered about
activation, ever. But with certain other illicit keys, it demands I
activate upon the first boot.

Seriously people, upgrade already. Sheesh.