[sldev] Thoughts regarding "OS X Panther support"

Matthew Underwood sakkaku at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:36:24 PDT 2008

>  My installs of Win XP Pro have no such activation bullcrap. Actually it
>  seems to depend directly on the key you use. Using the exact same XP Pro
>  install disk, using the legit key off the bottom of my laptop, and with
>  certain *cough* not so legit keys, I never ever get bothered about
>  activation, ever. But with certain other illicit keys, it demands I
>  activate upon the first boot.
>
>  Seriously people, upgrade already. Sheesh.

Retail XP copies require you to activate it, either via web or phone.
After a few reinstalls you actually have to call up and go through a
really lame process to say a 24 digit or something key then copy down
an even longer key into the boxes.  Try doing that with a few dozen
systems in a day and keep your sanity.