[sldev] A patch to allow creation of megaprims from within the viewer

Andrew Meadows andrew at lindenlab.com
Wed May 14 11:42:19 PDT 2008

The patch is a hack because it's taking advantage of a bug.
The simulator update rollout starting today should fix it.

I've been talking for a while about an unofficial project
called "Megaprim Liberation".  Bridie Linden has organized
an internal meeting on 2008.05.15 to talk about megaprims,
I think to form some official policy/plan on the issue.

The "Megaprim Liberation" project is in progress: Qarl Linden
started working on the first prerequisite: a solution for "Prim
Enchroachment" -- allowing land owners to return objects that
overlap onto their parcel.

I've got office hours tomorrow evening 2008.05.15.  Anyone
who wants to talk about megaprims is welcome to come and
raise that topic, or to ask about any conclusions from the
aforementioned internal meeting.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Andrew_Linden

- Andrew