[sldev] Re: Inventory Loss due to capped IM's

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat May 17 21:01:13 PDT 2008

Gordon Wendt wrote:

> Not sure exactly how they're doing it but the fact that rez to sim
> phase is seperate scares me because that just means that if the second
> phase fails (as happens sometimes in the current system) then either
> the current behavior happens where the login fails or any number of
> potential issues happen if it isn't caught and handled right up to
> including the credential system still thinking you are logged in
> properly and causing problems while trying to relog, similar to the
> current similator is currently logging you out issues people keep
> experiencing where it can happen for quite some time.

I think the idea is that login will be so simple that it will put less
of a load
on the Agent Domain, than is currently on the sim, which currently has
to handle:

login/TP, walk-into, physics, inventory/IM,  chat, scripting and
geometry, and maybe other stuff also.

The biggies are the physics/geometry, so if the Agent Domain isn't
having to handle those two, it will likely be able to handle hundreds,
or even thousands of avatars simultaneously with little fear of failure.

Lawson