[sldev] Upcoming Releases

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Sun May 18 05:36:20 PDT 2008

SUMMARY: I like Dazzle look and feel (including colors.)  I don't like
the way LL introduced it.

> I could not find a single person who actually
> tried Dazzle for more than a couple of hours

OK, just for record,

I've been using Dazzle since the availability of 1.20 RC0.  I'm
usually in-world one or two hour on a weekday, and four or five hours
on a Saturday/Sunday.  I always use Dazzle logging in SL, except when
testing 1.19.1 behaviours (mostly for debugging/trouble shooting
purposes.)  So, I believe my experience on using Dazzle is more than
100 hours now.

And I like Dazzle.

Also, at least a third of my in-world friends like Dazzle.  (I'm not
saying two thirds dislike; I know some of my friends hate Dazzle, but
I just don't know what most of the rest of my friends think.)

> Pretty please, consider providing an alternative skin (I saw a pretty
> good "legacy UI" skin on the Wiki) as the _default_ skin for Dazzle.

I have no objection to make the current Dazzle look and feel a
default, if LL keeps its promise.

However, I don't like Linden's current scenario on Dazzle.

Although I personally like Dazzle look and feel, I support the opinion
that Linden Lab should provide easy way to change skin *before*
introducing a new look and feel into the release viewer.  This is
primarily based on a concern on the process; when LL first announced
Dazzle, it was a part of the _skinning_project_.  When Dazzle
prototype was distributed through SL wiki, many people complained on
it, and the LL's execuse was the Dazzle would be an option.

What LL is doing looks like fake for me.  I don't like it.

Hope Lindens consider the case seriously, before 1.20 goes out.

    Alissa Sabre