[sldev] Call for requirements: ISO MPEG-V (mpeg for virtual worlds) Deadline: July 16, 2008

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:56:51 PDT 2008

On 2008-05-26, at 00:06, Lawson English wrote:
> OK, my dense brain finally gets it. I personally think that for
> objects, the primitives method is a better fit for a generic MPEG-5
> system than a generic mesh method, at least until bandwidth goes
> way up.

That could be, but I don't think that anyone but Linden Labs will
support that. MPEG-5 would have to be something that everyone would
use, and everyone else is using a combination of meshes. The other
option (and one I hadn't previously though of) would be to just
encapsulate the game engine and then you lose the ability to
interoperate and might as well not bother calling it "MPEG-5".