[sldev] branches/shadow-draft missing llrender.cpp

Dave Parks davep at lindenlab.com
Mon May 26 16:29:35 PDT 2008

I get as high as 60 FPS in a scene with around 100 lights, and as low as
8 in a crowded scene with lots of transparency (Ahern).

This is on Win XP Media Center with a GeForce 8800GT and Intel E8400
(about a $700 PC).  Long term there will probably be the option of
enabling per pixel lighting without shadows, which results in very
little performance hit.  Also, this is largely unoptimized.

As for indoor looking sterile, there's a screen space ambient occlusion
(SSAO) project in the works which should address that nicely.  You still
won't get anything approaching real-time global illumination for awhile,
though.