[sldev] branches/shadow-draft missing llrender.cpp

Thomas Grimshaw tom at streamsense.net
Wed May 28 07:46:03 PDT 2008

Tateru Nino wrote:
> Considering how poorly SL can perform at quite a bit better than the
> minimum spec, I think that 2% figure could well be achieved by people
> departing in frustration. My last system was a solid gaming machine in
> its day - but could barely chug along in single-digit frame-rates on
> minimum settings once Windlight came along. Thank heavens for new
> hardware.
There's no way second life could retain its stronghold in the virtual
world marketplace unless it made some progress graphically. And, no
disrespect, but have you turned your graphics settings down to match the
quality of the old client? Windlight can be effectively disabled.  You
can't expect better graphics with no performance hit.

~Tom