SL Target Audience (was RE: [sldev] branches/shadow-draft missingllrender.cpp)

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Wed May 28 16:25:02 PDT 2008

Bruce Tong wrote:
> I've not yet looked at the source code to the application y'all use to
> report crashes, so I hope you'll pardon a question asked in ignorance.
> I suspect you're sending back a stack trace. If so, is there already a
> handy way to get the stack trace from what it collected? (A command
> line option, perhaps?)

The stack trace is not very useful because it only has addresses, not
functions and line numbers.  I suspect LL uses map files to do the
conversion at their end.

The crash report file is in the same directory as the SecondLife.log
file.  In mine that's \Documents and Settings\<user>\Application
Data\SecondLife\logs\  Application Data is a hidden folder.

Mike