[sldev] Re: SL Target Audience

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystemsdns.net
Thu May 29 09:34:37 PDT 2008

Hi,

Ok, what is the working definition of:

-  a *low end machine*

-  an acceptable frame rate

While my machine is definitely NOT a "Maximum PC Dream Machine"; it does run pre windlight acceptably to me.  It is also better
then the minimum machine on the compatibility list.

However, when I ran the windlight viewer with the default settings the graphics had virtually no detail at all.  As I recall it
defaulted to Low.  When I tried custom and bumped things up to the older viewer the detail was comparable if not better, but the
fps was abysmal.

So that kind of leaves me wondering, why "upgrade" to something that is unusable, when what I have works fine, so far?
Also, why should I _have_to_ buy a special high-end gaming machine just to run SL at the same level it ran before?

Gary