[sldev] Building 1.21.6 / g++ 4.3 / linux: "format not a string literal and no format arguments"

Meadhbh Hamrick infinity at lindenlab.com
Sat Nov 1 10:06:53 PDT 2008

blergh. i hate these versioning errors.

one of the things that i do, that is not common practice at the lab,
is to use VirtualBox (Sun's virtualization product) to create a number
of different virtual machines with different revisions of (X)Ubuntu
and different compiler revs.

however... it is... a major pain in the rear having to maintain this
many different configurations, which is why i believe it's not common
practice @ the lab.

but... it is a relatively easy way to test out a configuration, find
if it works, and if it doesn't you don't have to recover the state of
your main system.

you may be wondering.. why is meadhbh plugging VirtualBox? it's just
that it seemed a LOT easier to get VirtualBox running on Ubuntu 8.04
than vmware. VirtualBox on the mac was even easier. and it was a free
download.

cheers
m / ∞