[sldev] Bots, obstacle navigation code - making a more friendly island...

Fire in Korea fire at eslteacherlink.co.kr
Sun Nov 2 09:14:02 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am an educator / programmer from Vancouver living in Seoul South Korea,

Since 2007, I have been working on my island: English Village and recently,
my website: http://EnglishVillage.Asia (only works in Firefox at the moment)

Anyhow, earlier this year I was working on my own bots, to do visitor
counting, and basic greeting, mainly because I want to populate my island
with avatar like greeters to make the place not look so empty, and also to
provide students with someone they can interact with when no one else is on
the island.

These days however, my time has become limited, and I can do all the
programming / building / managing anymore.
So, rather than re-create the wheel, I'm trying to save some time to see if
anyone has already developed the following features I need to add to my
bots:

   - Obstacle Navigation Code - code so I can move avatar from a list of
   points having them automatically maneuvering around obstacles...
   - Animation Code  - meaning, code that can make my avatars look more
   lively - ie: doing animations etc

Any help would be muchly appreciate d...

Also, if you need a place to work on your bots, please let me know, i have
tonnes of island space right now...

Cheers

Fire

**

*Paul 'Fire' Preibisch*
Educator, Content Creator, Virtual World Builder, Web 2.0 Consultant
 <http://englishvillage.asia>
<http://world.secondlife.com/resident/2102f5ab-6854-4ec3-aec5-6cd6233c31c6>
<http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=627331676>
<http://englishvillage.asia/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=69>
<http://twitter.com/fire> <http://apps.facebook.com/second-life/>
<http://youtube.com/fire2006> [image: Spreadfirefox Affiliate
Button]<http://www.mozilla.com/firefox?from=sfx&uid=248406&t=331>
[image: Teleport to
EV]<http://slurl.com/secondlife/English%20Village/129/125/108/>
*Connect your Facebook Profile with your Second Life!
http://apps.facebook.com/second-life/*
*Services: *Second Life Virtual World Construction, Machinima - Animation,
Joomla Programming, Educational Website, LibsecondLife, Virtual Event
Services
Fire Centaur in Second Life