[sldev] libidn.so.11 missing in LL's linux distribution.

Tofu Linden tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
Thu Nov 6 09:38:53 PST 2008

Carlo Wood wrote:
> I know it's not really used yet -- but to be complete,
> a library should be added to the linux dist:
>
> The SLVoice binary links with libvivoxsdk.so which
> in turn uses libidn.so.11.
>
> It seems that the intention is that the lib directory
> contains ALL shared libraries that the application
> needs; therefore libidn.so.11 should be added as well.
> Without it, people would be required to have the
> package 'libidn11' installed in order to get voice
> working.

Thanks for noticing.  However, we don't really want to get
into distributing all shared libraries (and their own
requirements... etc).  We'll consider bundling a required lib if it
meets one of these criteria:
* A major or reasonably popular distro doesn't install it by default
* Binary compatibility has proven to be a problem in falling back to
the distro version (freetype, libjpeg, etc).

What distro are you running SL on which doesn't have a libidn.so.11
by default?

Thanks,
-tofu