[sldev] libidn.so.11 missing in LL's linux distribution.

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Nov 6 10:35:21 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:38:53PM +0000, Tofu Linden wrote:
> What distro are you running SL on which doesn't have a libidn.so.11
> by default?

Thanks for your reply Tofu. I think this clarifies things and
I guess no action is needed.

I am using 64bit linux, the debian distribution.
I determined all dependencies by searching for all packages
containing (64bit) libaries that were used directly by
the 32bit linux binary that can be downloaded from LL.

I missed the SLVoice binary while doing this, so that this
wasn't automated. As respond to your mail I investigated the
availablity more closely and the package exists: ia32-libs-libidn11

Note that a 32bit version is needed in all cases because
libvivoxsdk.so is only available as 32bit, therefore the SLVoice
daemon has to run as 32bit. libvivoxsdk.so needs libidn.so.11
32bit thus, also on 64bit. This library is not included in in
the default ia32-libs, but well - now I found it in another
package thus ;). I'll inform Robin Cornellius about the
needed (missing) dependency.

----

In case anyone else is interested in dependencies on debian (Lenny).
The following packages are needed to compile and run the open SL viewer:

* Needed to compile slviewer (and whatever this drags in):

libatk1.0-dev
libcairo2-dev
libc6-dev
libdrm-dev
libfontconfig1-dev
libfreetype6-dev
libgcc1
libgtk2.0-dev
libglib2.0-dev
nvidia-glx-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
libice-dev
libpango1.0-dev
libpcre3-dev
libpixman-1-dev
libpng12-dev
libselinux1-dev
libsm-dev
libx11-dev
libxau-dev
libxcb-render0-dev
libxcb-render-util0-dev
libxcb1-dev
libxcb-xlib0-dev
libxcomposite-dev
libxcursor-dev
libxdamage-dev
libxdmcp-dev
libxext-dev
libxfixes-dev
libxft-dev
libxinerama-dev
libxi-dev
libxrandr-dev
libxrender-dev
libxt-dev
libxxf86vm-dev
zlib1g-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev
libapr1-dev
libaprutil1-dev
libssl-dev
libexpat1-dev
libmozjs-dev
uuid-dev
libxul-dev
libnspr4-0d
libdb-dev
libsdl1.2-dev
libopenjpeg-dev
libxmlrpc-epi-dev
libc-ares2

* mozilla libs (you need to add http://apt.byteme.org.uk unstable/main
  to your apt/sources.list;
  see http://www.byteme.org.uk/secondlife-amd64/apt-get-a-secondlife.html)

libllmozlib2-dev

* Extra, needed for SLVoice

ia32-libs-libidn11

  and (see https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Michelle2_Zenovka/voice)

/usr/local/lib32/libalut.so
/usr/local/lib32/libuuid.so.1
/usr/local/lib32/libopenal.so.1
/usr/local/lib32/libvivoxsdk.so
/usr/local/lib32/libortp.so

* Things I 'ran into' but seem to be not needed:

libELFIO.so: (not needed?) (I did NOT install this)
http://elfio.sourceforge.net/

libfmod-3.75.so: (not needed)
replaced with openal

--