[sldev] Finding a prim's link number

Thickbrick Sleaford thickbrick.sleaford at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 09:53:09 PST 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement VWR-9287 (Building hotkeys to select
next/previous prim in a link set).  It looked simple enough for me to
get started with, but now I'm stuck.

The problem is, this requires the viewer to know the link order of the
prims.  After playing with it a bit, it seems the order of an
LLViewerObject child list only corresponds to the link order in some
cases.  When rezzing single prims and then linking them, the order of
the list is not the link order, but the creation order.  This can be
seen in the Inspect floater too.  When rezzing an already-linked
object the list seems to be in order, but I don't know if that is
reliable either.

Is the link order kept by the viewer somewhere else, or is it
something that has to be requested from the sim?

--
Thickbrick Sleaford (SL Name)