[sldev] What can we find in branches?

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Tue Nov 18 08:38:22 PST 2008

Christian Goetze (CG Linden) wrote:
> With continuous branches, I mean that instead of having maint-render-4,
> maint-render-5, maint-render-6 etc... we will simply have
> "maint-render". The numbered branches are an artifact of the way we use
> subversion and are probably not very useful for external browsing.
>
> The zipped/tarred archives will continue, except that those will also be
> published automatically instead of being packed and uploaded by hand.
>
> That's all - nothing really changes...

That sounds good.  I always found it difficult to figure out what
changed between .e.g. maint-render-4 and maint-render-5.

Will there now also be a single e.g. 1.23 release candidate branch that
eventually becomes the standard release, so that 1.23.1 and 1.23.2 are
just snapshots (what CVS calls tags; I don't know the SVN term)?

Mike