[sldev] [i18n] - Question about test strings

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Mon Nov 17 08:35:18 PST 2008

zai wrote:
> (2nd try since I didn't answer to the list in the first run...)
> Am Sonntag, den 16.11.2008, 09:43 +0900 schrieb Alissa Sabre:
>
>>This phrase attracted me, but,
>>

>>>Noelle Linden asked volunteers to have a look at CT-81
>>>( https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CT-81 ) in order to compile a
>>
>>I looked at it, but I don't speak French.

As I understand the description and what follows, the goal of this JIRA
issue is not to identify all of the problems with text entry, but just
to identify all of the places that can accept text entry and describe
the sequence of steps to reach them so that test scripts could be developed.

It's not enough to just look at the code for the widgets and make sure
that the widgets work.  It is also necessary to verify that the text is
handled properly in the viewer after it is entered, so the idea here is
to identify the functions that are performed by text entry.

Mike