[sldev] What can we find in branches?

Christian Goetze (CG Linden) cg at lindenlab.com
Mon Nov 17 09:09:13 PST 2008

Opensource Obscure wrote:
> I'm used to compiling the Second Life viewer from sources - not
> only when I need to patch something, but also to have a preview
> of upcoming features.
>
> -> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_branches
> This wiki page is quite useful and informative, but I thought
> more information about existing branches was needed, so
> I started to compile a page section that includes some details
> about every branch:
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:Source_branches
>
> Right now I'm working on it in the Talk page. I'd like to complete
> and polish it, then move it below the existing content at
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:Source_branches
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Opensource Obscure

I am in the process of automating the mirroring of our internal svn to
the public svn. The current guinea pig branch for this is
"opensource-drops". A side effect of this will be to eliminate the
numbered branches and have them be continuous logical branches. I hope
that the code changes for this will make it into our "trunk" within the
next 2 weeks and propagate to the other side branches as they sync up
with our trunk.
--
cg