[sldev] What can we find in branches?

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon Nov 17 09:16:11 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:09:13AM -0800, Christian Goetze (CG Linden) wrote:
> I am in the process of automating the mirroring of our internal svn to
> the public svn. The current guinea pig branch for this is
> "opensource-drops". A side effect of this will be to eliminate the
> numbered branches and have them be continuous logical branches. I hope
> that the code changes for this will make it into our "trunk" within the
> next 2 weeks and propagate to the other side branches as they sync up
> with our trunk.

Hmm, I wondered this a few times, maybe a good moment to bring this up:
Why aren't you using git? I'm not a git expert at all, so I can't defend
the idea very well - but I think it would be a lot better suited for
the extensive work being done by many parties. It would also be a lot
easier to "mirror" it. Maybe someone with more experience with git
can explain the benefits that git would have over svn?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>