[sldev] Improvements for the zugaina secondlife gentoo ebuild.

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:55:28 PST 2008

Khyota wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2008 05:03:46 pm Carlo Wood wrote:
>> Second Life belongs in the same category as any other
>> "Real Time Chat" application. In that sense, it is not
>> a game.
>

> Perhaps it should be moved out of games-simulation then. But i do not see a
> better portage catagory for it.

As most distros work as small teams, it is logical to have the code
managed my the Games team as it seems to share many common aspects from
a technical point of view with many of the games that are already
managed my the distros teams. Another advantage of this is that most
large distros are unifying the games teams, debian and ubuntu have been
working together for a while and
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/games has been set up to
keep all the distros working together which makes everyones life easier.

This however does not stop it being included in /usr/bin/ instead of
/usr/games or where ever is appropriate for your distro ad under what
ever menu, but this issue is probably down to the individual
distribution to decide on. If its not in Games then it could go in the
free-desktop category Applications/Internet where i find web browsers,
IRC, IM, Email etc..

Robin